How Parents’ Evening Works
Each year group has an annual parents’ evening which provides an invaluable opportunity for you to meet with your child’s teachers and discuss their progress as well as any issues that concern you or your child.
Parents’ Evening will take place through an online provision due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions. The online provision is called School Cloud.
You will be able to choose your own appointment times between 4.15 – 6.30 pm with available teachers and you will receive an email confirming your appointments.
You will have a three-minute time-slot with each subject teacher. You will need to login to your School Cloud account to make your video calls to each teacher you have an appointment with.
Parents’ Evening Feedback
We were delighted that over 75% of our parents came along to discuss their child’s progress and welfare with us in 2015/2016. Education is always more successful when we work together. Here are some of the comments we received from the parents who joined us:on;
Instructions and Guidance:
- Accessing your online account and making appointments
- Video Instructions
- Video Guidance for Parents
- Multiple parent call guidance
2020-2021 Parents’ Evenings 4.15pm – 6.30pm
- Year 10 Parents’ Evening – Thursday 3rd December 2020
- Year 8 Parents’ Evening – Thursday 11th February 2021
- Year 11 Parents’ Evenings – Rescheduled to Thursday 11th March 2021
- Year 8 Options Evening – Monday 26th April
- Year 8 Options 1-1 Parent Meetings – Online meetings – by request- Tuesday 4th & Wednesday 5th May
- Year 7 Parents’ Evening – Thursday 29th April
- Year 9 Parents’ Evening – Thursday 27th May 2021
A huge thank you to all staff for their dedicated teaching.
My child loves school because of this and feels respected, happy and safe.
Keep up the good work!
Very well led and managed. Varied range of extra-curricular activities.
What impresses me is the co-operation and connection between pupils, parents and teachers.
The staff all seem interested, not only in academic achievements but also in ensuring all pupils are happy.
I am very impressed with the obvious strong leadership and attention to detail regarding lesson structure and learning objectives.
The staff have a genuine interest in the pupils. Lessons are fun as well as educational.
The teachers are enthusiastic about their subjects and are very approachable.
My child is happy at Barlow and feels valued.
There is a good ethos of respect for others.
I have been impressed by the pastoral care. The staff are warm and caring.