At the Barlow RC High independent careers advice is provided by:
Jacquie Dawson, Careers Advisor is available on the following days:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursday’s in the LRC.
- You can contact Jacquie with any queries on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Careers Partnership with Our Futures
Jenny Bowyer, Careers Lead at The Barlow:
Tel: 0161 445 8053
Our careers programme and details of how parents, students, teachers and employers can access this:
- Years 8-9 – All SEND, LAC and Pupil Premium students are seen at each review stage;
- Year 8 Pupil Premium students are seen when they are choosing their Options;
- Year 10 – All SEND, LAC students are seen at each review stage, Pupil Premium students in the Summer term;
- Year 11 – Are seen at least once throughout the school year.
How do I arrange a careers interview?
- Our Careers Advisor holds a drop in session each day she is in attendance at lunchtime;
- Students, parents and carers can email our Careers Advisor on the above email to arrange a careers interview;
- Students can also pop a note underneath the Careers Advisors door when she is not available.
We are committed to ensuring our pupils get a range of employer and training provider encounters. Parents, employers or training providers that would like to participate in any of our schools careers events please contact the Careers Lead at The Barlow, contact details are above.
We regularly review our careers provision and currently hold the Stage 3 Gold Award for Inspiring IAG. We are now working towards achieving the Gatsby Benchmarks using the compass evaluation tool. The Gatsby Benchmark will become statutory in 2020, see below for other ways in which we evaluate our careers provision:
- Destination information, click here
- Student, parent and staff voice
- Employer feedback
- Visiting partners
- Partnered with an enterprise advisor
All pupils from Years 7 to 11 participate in careers lessons which include information on Local Labour Markets which our delivered by their Family Tutor:
To ensure the careers programme is successful and all students are prepared for their next step when leaving The Barlow, we regularly measure the impact of our careers provision. We are very proud to have achieved the GOLD Stage 3 Award of Inspiring IAG, this means our careers provision has been assessed to meet and exceed the statutory requirements. We track our Year 11 destinations and publish our NEET figures. We are currently working with the Enterpise Advisor Network and using the Compass tool to ensure we are hitting all of the statutory Gatsby Benchmarks by 2021. We value student, staff and parent voice and use this to annually review our careers provision at The Barlow.
Date of our next review is: September 2019