Blended Learning is a style of education in which students learn via electronic and online media as well as traditional face-to-face teaching. At the end of August 2020 the Government announced, “every school must have a Blended Learning plan in place”. This plan will support the learning of any pupil required to remain at home due to COVID-19.
How to Log In
1. Visit www.edclass.com and click ‘Log In’
2. Enter your details as follows:-
School ID: barlowrc
Username: firstnamesurname e.g. joebloggs
Password: your date of birth (written DDMMYYYY) e.g. if your date of birth was 7th June 2008 you would enter 07062008
4. Press ‘Go’
5. You will be asked to watch a brief video to explain how EDClass works
6. You will be asked to enter your email address – please use your school email
7. You will be asked ‘How are you feeling today?’
8. You are now ready to start learning, scroll down and click on ‘Learning’
Extra Guidance and Information
- You must log into EDClass by 9am everyday to start your lessons
- EdClass offers lessons in Maths, English, Science, RE, History, Geography and MFL – Year 9, 10 & 11 pupils are also expected to complete work in sunjects you study at GCSE that are not covered by EDClass – this will be done via Microsoft Teams
- As you are usually an in school learner, you will always use the ‘Learning’ sections, and NOT online classroom
- If you have completed your learning for the day and would like to do more, click the ‘Independent’ button
- To play games you need to learn EDdollars by completing learning
- If you would like to look back at pervious work you have completed, click ‘Reports’
If you have any problems using EDClass, please email email@example.com
If you have any problems, or require any further information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
At The Barlow, we have a set of robust procedures that we have put in place to ensure that our pupils’ education is not disrupted as a consequence of COVID-19. We have different procedures for a pupil self-isolation, a class or year group self-isolation and in the event of any national or local lockdown.
Protocols for Varying Situations:
If there is a Whole Class or Year Group ‘Bubble’ Isolating, or Full School Closure:
Each subject teacher will send pre-recorded lessons via Microsoft Teams. The teacher will set enough work for the amount of allocated lessons within each timetabled week.
Each student should complete the work issued by each of their teachers, and return it to them through Microsoft Teams within the allotted time.
If a Subject Teacher is required to Self-Isolate:
The subject teacher will send pre-recorded lessons for all of their classes into school via Microsoft Teams.
If a Pupil is required to Self-Isolate:
Students isolating will be expected to log into ‘EDClass’ and complete a series of timetabled lessons.
EDClass lessons will include Religious Education, English, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography and Modern Languages.
Students in Key Stage Four (Year 9, 10 & 11) who are studying GCSE subjects which are not covered by EDClass will also complete work sent to them by their subject teachers via Microsoft Teams, and return completed work within the time given.