(Most of our communications are sent out via email, please ensure you have given us an up to date email address for contact in a sustainable manner. Paper copies will be provided in instances where parents and carers can not provide an email).
We are aware that this will be a new and difficult time for everyone – to support parents, below are number of useful resources / information documents:
- Mental Health Support – responding to the Coronavirus resources for mental health and wellbeing.
- LA Helpline Support for parents – 0161 276 0113.
- Information about CAMHS provision.
- Supporting our parents, children and young people with social distancing and self-isolation.
- Talking to children about Coronavirus.
I am sure both you and your child is concerned about the upcoming GCSEs, at the moment Ofqual (who is the Governing body for all exams) stated on 6th March:
- “We recognise that students, parents, schools and colleges will be concerned about the possible impact of Coronavirus on the 2020 summer exam series. Our advice at this time is to continue to prepare for exams and other assessments as normal.
- We continue to work closely with exam boards, other regulators and the Department for Education and we have met to plan for a range of scenarios, as the public would expect. Our overriding priorities are fairness to students this summer and keeping disruption to a minimum.
- It is still many weeks until exams start and we will issue updated advice if necessary, giving schools and colleges as much notice as possible.”
As soon as we hear any further news I will update you immediately.
- Work for students isolating will be on Seneca by 19/03/20 – apologies for the delay and thank you for your continuing support.
- Letter from the headteacher – Coronavirus update 18/03/20
- Letter from the headteacher – Coronavirus update 17/03/20
- Letter from the headteacher – government Coronavirus guidance
- Accessing Seneca Online
- Coronovirus information for parents/carers, staff and students
- Click here for the PowerPoint delivered in the Year 11 Guide to Revision session 2020
- There is a hoax communication being sent around stating that there has been confirmed cases of the Coronavirus in Parrs Wood High School. This is a hoax, Parrs Wood High School are aware. If there was a geniue case of a students having Coronavirus parents would be contacted via email immediately.
- Year 8 Options Letter
- Year 10 Parents’ Evening letter and appointment sheet
- Year 7 Parents’ Evening letter and appointment sheet
- Year 11 Examinations Timetable – Summer 2020
- Big Push Revision Timetable – January – April 2020
- Students Early Finish Letter – 20th December
- Christmas Charity Mission Letter
- Xpression App Letter
- Year 11 Parents’ Evening Letter – sent home 18/11/19
- School Meal & Drinks Price List
- How to make a medical appointment reminder
- Year 9 English GCSE Letter
- Safeguarding Letter – Lockdown Procedures
- English Revision Guides
- Year 11 Mock Revision Guide
- Year 11 Mock Timetable
- Mock Exam Guide for Candidates
- Enhancing safety in our school – letter
- 728 Bus Service pick-up time update
- Letter from the Headteacher – school fund support
- Young Carers Letter
- Year 7 and 11 Photographs – students will bring home envelopes with informaiton on how to order online or through school. For school orders, we are not able to provide change, please ensure the correct money is placed inside the envelope. The deadline for orders is 24/09/2019.
- Class Charts – logins to see your child’s class charts profile were sent home with students in Year 8-11 before the summer holidays. Year 7 class charts logins were sent home with students yesterday. –Please contact school if your child has not brought theirs home.
- Students early finish for Open Evening Letter – 1.00pm
- Manchester School Health now have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/McrSchoolHealthService/
Parent Email Newsletters
At The Barlow RC High School we have set up a new online newsletter which we send out monthly to keep parents up to date more regularly through an online platform, allowing us to make contact in a more economical and sustainable manner.
If you would like to receive these online newsletters, please subscribe by drilling down the front page of our school website or alternatively send your email address, along with your child’s name and tutor group to firstname.lastname@example.org and state that you wish to receive the school online newsletters and communications.