Our students are ambassadors of the school and are expected to dress and behave in a way that reflects the standards we seek to achieve. Their uniform should be smart with all items marked with pupils’ names. If pupils are unable to wear the uniform for any reason, the school must be notified in writing by their parents.
Compulsory school uniform consists of:
- Blazer – Maroon blazer with school badge (Years 7, 8, 9, and 10)
- Jumper – Maroon V-neck jumper with school colours in neckband (Years 7, 8, 9 and 10). Black V-neck jumper with school motif (Year 11)
- Shirt – Plain white shirt with collar
- Trousers Boys & Girls – Plain black, full length tailored trousers in a style suitable for school.
- Skirt – Plain black, straight, knee length
- Ties – School tie
- Shoes – must be all black leather or leather appearance with a flat sole or low heel. Shoes must not have contrasting colours e.g. soles, laces etc. Boots of any description, trainers, trainer-style shoes, pumps or sandals are not permitted. Boys must wear black socks and girls must wear black tights.
- Outerwear – Outer coats must be dark in a style suitable for school, fur, denim and leather are not considered appropriate. Coats may be worn to and from school but not in the school building. Hoodies, sweatshirts and tracksuit tops are not permitted.
Physical Education Kit:
PE – Girls:
- White polo t-shirt with school logo
- Maroon shorts
- Leggings with The Barlow logo
- White ankle socks
- (Optional) black tracksuit bottoms and sweatshirt with school logo
- (Optional) shower proof coat
PE – Boys:
- White polo t-shirt with school logo (indoor use)
- Maroon and black rugby jersey (outdoor use)
- Black shorts – with The Barlow logo
- White socks
- Black football socks
- Football boots
- Shin guards
- (Optional) Black tracksuit bottoms, with school logo
- (Optional) shower proof coat – with The Barlow logo
- Hoodies, sweatshirts or tracksuit tops are not permitted
- A wrist watch may be worn at owner’s risk. Other jewellery of any sort is forbidden including nose, ear and tongue studs.
- Make up and nail varnish is forbidden
- A strong rucksack or holdall is required. A separate bag may be needed for physical education equipment
- Pupils should not bring iPods, mobile phones or any other items of value into school
Parents are strongly advised to ensure that personal property, including all items of uniform, are clearly marked with their child’s name. Whilst every effort will be made to safeguard property, the school cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.