Year 7 Exams Information

Year 7 students take CATS tests during the first half term of the year.

Year 8 Exams Information

There are no formally timetabled exams in Year 8.

Year 9 Exams Information

End of Year 9 internal exams are taking place 4th – 7th May 2020. Information will be made available nearer the time.

Year 10 Exams Information

Year 10 mock exams are taking place 15th – 23rd June 2020. Information will be made available nearer the time.

Year 11 Exams Information

Mock Exams

Year 11 Mock Exams are taking place 4th – 15th November 2019 and 13th – 20th March 2020. Information will be made available nearer the time.

External Exams

GCSE exams are taking place 11th May – 24th June 2020. National Contingency Day is on Wednesday 24th June. All students MUST be available for exams until this day, regardless of the date of their final  timetabled exam.

Results & Certificates


GCSE Results Day is on Thursday 20th August 2020.  Due to Covid-19 all students have been allocated a time slot to collect their results.  Any students who arrive at the school outside of their allocated time slot will be turned away at the gates. 

All Y11 students were sent a letter on 8 July 2020 stating their time slot and the procedure for collecting result.  If you are a Y11 student but you have not received this letter by 13 July 2020 contact the Exams Officer:

Please be aware of the following:

  • Only Y11 students will be allowed on school premises on Results Day.  Friends/family must wait outside (unless it has been arranged in advance for someone else to collect a student’s results).
  • No teaching staff will be in school on Results Day.
  • Information regarding Post Result Services (i.e. what to do if you are unhappy with your results), will be included with your GCSE results and will be posted on the exams section of the school’s website nearer the time.


2019 school leavers can now collect their certificates from reception between 8.00am and 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.  Certificates must be collected by the student where possible. If you wish for someone else to collect them on your behalf, please make sure that the appointed person has a signed letter from you and has identification with them.  We cannot post certificates.

If you left school between 2012-2018, we may still have your certificates in archives.  However be aware that the school is only obligated to hold exam certificates for 1 year, please phone the school to arrange check/retrieval from the archives.  

If you left school before 2012 please contact the relevant Awarding Bodies to get a copy of your result certificates.

AQA – Replacement Certificates:

Edexcel – Replacement Certificates:

OCR – Replacement Certificates:

WJEC – Replacement Certificates: